Carnation Farms is a community-based hub for regenerative food & agriculture that educates and empowers the work of culinary, food and farm professionals. We aspire to help create a thriving regional food system connecting farmers & culinary professionals around shared values of regenerative food, health & equity.
Carnation Farms (CF), a historically significant agricultural asset of the Snoqualmie Valley of King County, Washington, has embarked on an evolution of its 100-plus year role, purpose and mission in the broader Pacific Northwest farm and food communities. The board, staff, and family members of this nonprofit organization have embraced a transformation, focusing on healthy, regenerative food systems as its purpose and regenerative practices throughout its farming, culinary and educational activities.
The Marketing Manager will be instrumental in this evolution and a key contributor to the leadership team. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of brand and marketing including brand management, communications, social media, and website. They will play a key role in driving sales while building brand equity through focus on the four primary lines of the business: 1) Culinary, 2) Farmstand, 3) Farm/Regen Ag and 4) Events, Retreats & Weddings (ERW).
Strong candidates will bring common sense, good humor, high accountability and outcome focus, and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to our team. Initially, the Marketing Manager will be a department of one. As this leader navigates across the entire CF organization to set vision and align all parts of the organization around the plan, they will find that the team is strong and motivated with a deep appreciation for marketing. For a proven marketing professional this is an excellent opportunity to develop and lead the marketing program for a very mission- and purpose-driven organization. For more information on Carnation Farms, please visit www.carnationfarms.org
- Develop and manage a cohesive communication plan that includes internal and external audiences.
Integrate and customize messaging to target specific audiences for specific business objectives.
- Lead the internal communications function including maintenance of a marketing calendar and regular
updates. Occasionally produce collateral and materials.
- Serve as brand ambassador and steward in local community and the regional food system community.
- Own the Carnation Farms monthly newsletter, including layout design, copywriting, image curation,
delivery, and reporting results.
- Develop and execute annual brand activation/event plan for market-based opportunities. (4th of July parade, Chamber events, industry conferences, etc.)
Digital / Social Media –
- Manage all aspects of the farm’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Develop
content plan, create and source content, administer the channels and report on KPIs quarterly.
- Lead web site platform updating and maintenance (not technical), including content postings and
- Support launch (not the technical development of) an emergent e-commerce platform.
Business Development –
- Help grow our Farmstand awareness and sales by using a range of approaches, online and offline
- Work with the Executive Director and Culinary + Ag/Farm leadership to develop new sales channels,
potentially including direct-to-consumer, wholesales, retail, and restaurant groups
- Support and work with leadership in our ERW businesses to promote attendance
- Develop and execute omnichannel plan that drives awareness and sales for key lines of business.
- Develop strategies that support customer/partner acquisition and retention.
- Assist the ED with Fund Development opportunities and messaging.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and / or social media-focused roles
- Experienced in the professional use of social media including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Flexible, adaptable, entrepreneurial mindset and ways of working
- Content creation including long and short-format copy writing, photography, video, etc.
- Project management aptitude
- Basic graphic design skills
- Proficiency in content management systems as well as SEO/SEM
- Budget management
- Experience with and knowledge of marketing and promotion measurement systems
- Self-starter who works well independently, as well as part of a team, and cross-functionally.
- Strong interest in and commitment to the importance of regenerative / organic practices.
- A commitment to equity and inclusion as core principles that need to be embedded in CF’s work.
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skillsand problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and successfully complete tasks on time.
- Public affairs
- Prior experience working with orin non-profit organizations.
- Local and regional knowledge and relationships in the culinary and / or agricultural realms
- Advanced Graphic Design capabilities
Compensation and Benefits –
- Full medical, vision, dental, 401k, and excellent other benefits such as generous paid time off
- Salary Range, DOE ~ $80-85,000 annual
If you want to make a difference every day in support of the mission of CF and have the capabilities and experience required, please send resume, along with a cover letter including salary expectations, explaining how your qualifications are a fit and why you are passionate about this role to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Women, People of Color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and people from other marginalized lived experiences are encouraged apply. We will accept applications until filled and begin interviews after Jan 1, 2024. Reference and background checks are part of the process.