Balthazar Bakery is a company of bakers. We began in 1997 in Soho, making bread and breakfast pastries for the tables of Balthazar, our namesake brasserie in New York City. Since 2000, when we moved to our current home in Englewood, New Jersey, we have also delivered our products every night to discerning restaurants, cafes, and shops throughout the New York metropolitan area. While our product range and our distribution have grown, our commitment to fine craftsmanship is the same as it was the day we pulled our first loaves from the oven. Please visit our website for more information: balthazarbakery.com/wholesale/
Balthazar Bakery –
Wholesale Division is seeking a Director
of Distribution who will optimize customer service and organizational
efficiency. This position will lead fleet and packing operations and will be
charged with improvements in the areas of safety, customer service and costs.
In addition, the Director of Distribution will play the lead role in distribution
infrastructure and partnership with key department heads (e.g. Bakery, Sales,
As a member of
Balthazar Bakery this role plays an important part in the overall success of the
wholesale bakery. This position reports directly to the Head Baker based in Englewood,
NJ. The Director of Distribution will oversee 3 supervisors, approximately 30
drivers and 24 packers, and will manage 17 or more routes and generally works
from 9 PM to 5:30AM.
- Lead dispatch
and routing to deliver baked goods safely and efficiently to highly satisfied
customers while remaining compliant with local, state and federal regulations.
the packing department.
- Manage a
comprehensive packing and distribution plan to deliver the objectives of Balthazar
Bakery Wholesale Division.
- Create an environment of continuous
improvement to deliver and exceed annual objectives.
- Lead a quality
assurance program that includes a significant staff development program.
- Oversee all aspects of Distribution Safety including partnering with drivers and managers on training, customer focus and creating a culture of safety and reliability.
- Manage, analyze, create reports and develop recommendations to improve the key metrics of the distribution and packing departments.
- Ensure that proper procedures and practices, documentation, training and audits are in place, leading to consistent performance, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, and well-being of staff.
- Lead highly effective staff communications in a multi-cultural environment, creating engaged, productive staff members whose commitment enhances the success of Balthazar Wholesale.
- Lead projects as directed by the Head Baker and Leadership Team.
- Actively participate in operations and other meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant work experience.
- 5 – 7+ years of fleet and distribution management experience in the NYC metropolitan area, preferably NYC with a focus on distribution at night.
- Outstanding track record in managing, leading and developing drivers and other staff focused on accountability and sustained high performance.
- Outstanding ability in distribution and logistics execution, focused on customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Excellent, cooperation and management skills.
- Pragmatic focus on data-informed decision making which balances tactical and strategic issues.
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, prioritization and follow-through in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with a desire and proven ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, and function specific software.
- Work night hours between 9:00 PM – 5:30AM five nights a week consistently, or more, as necessary, and attend occasional daytime meetings.
- Must work weekend night and most holidays
- Oral and written English proficiency are required. Spanish will be a plus.
There are many
fantastic advantages to a career with Balthazar Bakery, which offers an
excellent salary and benefits. If you have the experience, qualification and
commitment to outstanding customer service, staff development and management, join
our highly dynamic organization. Please forward your resume and cover letter
with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Distribution” in the
subject line. Balthazar Bakery will conduct background checks and computer literacy
tests for final candidates for this role
Balthazar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.