ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Physique 57 is a growing fitness company that operates nine upscale, full-service exercise studios in the United States and internationally and a thriving video on demand platform. The company offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
With four studios in New York City, one in the Hamptons, and another in Beverley Hills, CA, along with our video on demand platform, Physique 57 continues to attract an expanding global fan base. In support of our outstanding customer focus, our staff – at all levels of the organization – are team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to delivering quality each and every day.
Physique 57 is seeking an Associate Director of Operations, who is highly experienced, client-focused, and solutions driven with significant, successful operations experience, an excellent client retention record, outstanding managerial capabilies and sustained success in recruiting, developing and retaining staff. This role is a key leader behind the financial success and operational effectiveness of the company.
The Associate Director reports to the Director of Operations with several direct reports including the NYC and Hamptons’ Studio Directors. The position is based in Manhattan in New York City.
- Deliver organizational and financial objectives for the NYC and Hamptons’ Studios;
- Lead the team of studio directors in delivering client attendance and retention goals by creating and implementing operational solutions;
- Increase studio effectiveness and financial success by growing daily client attendance and client retention;
- Recruit, hire all client service team members and team leads in partnership with studio directors;
- Partner with director of operations on the development of studio director’s and client service team’s performance management systems;
- Lead the implementation of onboarding, training and continuing education initiatives in the operations department;
- Lead in creating an upscale fitness atmosphere focused on customer retention and customer satisfaction;
- Partner with the studio directors in identifying high performing client service team members and identify development opportunities to strengthen the department’s talent bench;
- Continuously improve all aspects of the studio including financial performance, client experience and staff engagement;
- Communicate and build relationships with clients and all staff to understand clients’ needs and improve service levels;
- Ensure consistently attractive appearance and excellent functionality of the studios;
- Hold staff accountable for top quality performance;
- Coordinate with studio directors and facilities manager to deliver facilities’ projects and repairs on time and within budget; and
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and keep complete and well organized records.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a fast paced, growth organization supervising part time or full time teams;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing customer service teams and customer experience;
- Outstanding leadership skills;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and group fitness oriented with a positive demeanor;
- Demonstrated success in recruiting developing and retaining full-time and part-time staff;
- Excellent active listening;
- Strong entrepreneurial and financial acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional and consistent client service;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with excellent problem solving skills in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Committed to deliver results through team work;
- Responsible, dependable: timely follow through on projects and requests;
- Excellent in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Experience with MindBody software experience is a plus;
- Well organized and detail oriented; and
- Able to work a flexible schedule with occasional long hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Physique 57. In addition to working to effect positive change in the lives of thousands of women, Physique 57 offers its employees a business casual work and learning environment with generous benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) and generous paid time off. There are also great perks including free exercise classes. Aside from a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented and community based atmosphere while you work.
Join an organization where you can make a difference every day! Please forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please place “Associate Director of Operations” in the subject header. Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.