HealthEfficient is a growing, mission-driven, not-for-profit organization
that supports more than 35 member Community Health Centers (CHCs) and other
clients across the East Coast and beyond. Our mission focuses on improving
clinical and operational quality through the use of Health Information
Technology, to our clients who provide excellent health care to some of the
most vulnerable populations in the country. Since 2007, we have supported CHCs
in caring for more than 1.2 million patients more effectively.
We partner with our member health centers in increasing their
effectiveness in Health Information Technology (HIT), clinical quality
improvement, practice management, and maximizing their revenue cycles. HealthEfficient
maintains a substantial information technology infrastructure, including robust
data analytics and reporting platforms, and a cloud-based virtual datacenter
that hosts the mission-critical applications of its member organizations. For
additional information, please visit https://healthefficient.org.
HealthEfficient is seeking a Clinical
Quality Improvement Manager for to support our member community health
centers. This position will be responsible for coordinating key Clinical Quality
Improvements (CQI) projects in partnership with the health centers and other
partners. The Clinical Quality Manager excels in training and developing the
capabilities of members of the health centers, and has strong meeting and practice
facilitation skills. This position will work closely with HealthEfficient’s
Director of Clinical Programs, other staff, and our clinical advisory committee
to implement the vision and direction of our quality improvement programs.
HealthEfficient operates as a virtual office with staff members working from
home and living throughout our constituent states. This position requires on
average travel 20-30% of the time, often with an overnight stay. The Clinical
Quality Manager will report to the Director of Clinical Programs at HealthEfficient.
- Manage the planning, recruitment, coordination, facilitation and evaluation of CQI initiatives
and delivering face‐to‐face and
remote training/practice facilitation sessions.
- Use health information technology (HIT) to drive CQI activities with member health centers.
health center staff on the optimal use of their Electronic Health Record and
analytics systems, most especially eClinicalWorks and other common
primary care EHRs.
- Conducting assessments of health center’s CQI
programs, activities, and plans
- Coordinating collection, analysis, and documentation, and evaluation of project deliverables
with HealthEfficient team members to provide health centers with
reliable Quality Improvement data, reports, and dashboards
health centers in identifying and improving population health and conducting
patient panel management activities
centers in planning and implementing risk stratification, care coordination, quality of care and and improving health outcomes
- Use standardized tools to provide health center support for CQI program
development and implementation
HealthEfficient’s Director of Clinical Programs and clinical committees’ chairpersons to organize and facilitate HealthEfficient’s monthly meetings with external stakeholders focused on peer learning and sharing of data and best practices.
- Provide technical assistance to health centers around best practice workflows aimed at improving
data quality and health outcomes.
and conduct trainings and webinars for key topics that support quality improvement
and coordinate training and webinars by HealthEfficient staff and other qualified
- Contribute to the development of expert knowledge on quality improvement frameworks (e.g., Care Models, IHI’s Model for Improvement, and strategies on leading change) and share this expertise with our members and clients
and distribute training materials to support health centers on these topics.
- Prioritize, anticipate and assess CQI needs of health centers by identifying educational opportunities for improvement
- Proactively identify funding opportunities and contribute to proposal development
and contribute to writing status reports and other documentation for project
- Work intensively with health center teams participating in assigned CQI projects to refine delivery system and identify best practice concepts
- Aggregate and analyze project level qualitative and quantitative data for reporting purposes to participating health centers, funders and HealthEfficient staff
- Work with HealthEfficient’s senior staff and informatics resource personnel to develop and report on project metrics and additional performance measures.
Bachelor’s Degree; a Master’s degree (MPH, MPA, MS) strongly preferred
with at least two of these subject areas: PCMH, Meaningful Use, Quality
Improvement in a primary care setting, or eClinicalWorks.
as an RN or relevant clinical profession is strongly favored
3-5 years experience of relevant project design, management, and evaluation
experience working in or with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
- Knowledge of principles related to Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use/Promoting Interoperability, and Clinical Quality Improvement, and Practice
Transformation (e.g., care models, care management, care
- Electronic health record (EHR) experience
effective in working physicians, clinical staff, and external organizations
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, training/meeting facilitation skills are required.
relationship building and
writing, research, analytical and time management skills
project management, prioritization and time management skills
proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with data analytics and related software, such
as Tableau, Spotfire, SAS, Microsoft BI, etc., is preferred
active listening skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate various activities involved in a research, “learning collaboration”, or demonstration project with multiple stakeholders.
- High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative and commitment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse population both internally and externally
as a trainer or consultant is preferred
and enthusiastic about working with diverse client groups with different
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at HealthEfficient. In
addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of over a
million patients, HealthEfficient offers its employees a stimulating, diverse
and team-based virtual work environment, with staff
members living throughout New York, New Jersey, and Virginia, working from
home. This position requires travel between 20% and 30% on average, mostly
along the East Coast and for common industry conference destinations, often
We offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits. At HealthEfficient, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values the many communities of our member organizations. People of color, women, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of over a million patients,
and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to
improve the health of our communities, please submit your resume and cover
letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with “Clinical Quality Improvement Manager” in the
A background check is part of the recruiting process for final
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
HealthEfficient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.