For over forty years Panorama Windows has specialized in custom-designed windows and doors for residential and commercial projects and historic renovations. We supply owners, architects, decorators and general contractors who live or work in Metropolitan New York landmark buildings and luxury residential apartments with the finest and most desirable window and door products available. Our reputation in the industry is unmatched and our commitment to total customer satisfaction is the yardstick by which we measure success. Full-service sales, engineering, manufacturing and installation, with accompanying support and service staff enable us to complete any window and door replacement project with great success.
Panorama’s product portfolio includes an award-winning fiberglass casement window as well as top-of-the-line aluminum double hung and casement window products by our manufacturing affiliate, Tempest Architectural Products, Inc. Each Tempest window is custom crafted with great care in our precision manufacturing facility.
Panorama Windows is seeking a talented, experienced and focused Chief Operating Officer (COO) to lead key activities of the organization through the next level of significant growth. The COO will oversee Manufacturing, Installation, Service, Finance, IT, HR and Office Management.
The desired candidate will have a history of highly successful leadership in small, nimble organizations, building the infrastructure and processes required, managing and developing staff and creating a performance-based culture that delivers measurable results without compromising our reputation in the industry.
The Chief Operating Officer reports directly to the President and will be based in our offices in the South Bronx, NY. This role has several direct reports.
- Lead the definition, execution and continual refinement of organizational goals to ensure that Panorama’s annual operational and financial objectives are achieved and our strategic plans are implemented;
- In conjunction with the President, formulate a plan and strategy to market and monetize the unique cutting edge pultruded fiberglass fenestration products that Panorama has developed and had certified.
- Build staff capacity to implement the growth plan and to strengthen interdependencies between departments;
- Review and improve operating efficiencies by revising and tracking standardized organization-wide operating policies, processes, procedures, organizational controls and systems. This includes, but is not limited to, metrics, financial management systems and resource allocation processes;
- Establish, effectively communicate and monitor specific and measurable individual and departmental performance metrics;
- In partnership with the President and Vice President of Sales and Business Development, lead the Operational Team in regular, effective meetings that track each department and individual leadership towards its monthly, quarterly, annual and long-term goals;
- Lead Human Resources and Information Technology in support of Panorama’s culture, values and effective flow of information across departments;
- Direct the organization’s operations to meet budgetary goals, including expenses and project costs through effective monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management;
- Act as an effective liaison between the President and Vice President of Sales and Business Development enabling both as owners to focus primarily on strategic initiatives and their respective scope of responsibilities;
- Regularly evaluate talent and capabilities of staff to ensure that resources and developmental tools are enhancing performance at all levels;
- Plan, coordinate and oversee development and execution of the annual budgeting process;
- Develop and utilize financial models and cost assessments to properly evaluate resource allocation across projects;
- Foster a strong sense of partnership and integration between all departments; and
- Lead the integration of new hires.
- At least 12+ years of experience in operations management with 6+ years in an executive position, such as Director of Operations, Vice President, Vice President of Finance and Administration, Director of Finance and Operations, or Chief Operating Officer with strong finance and operational experience in those positions;
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or MBA preferred;
- Proven track record of leading an organization in implementing a strategic growth plan and managing a significant number of direct reports;
- Superior ability to translate strategy into day-to-day planning;
- Experience in service and customized manufacturing;
- Strong interpersonal, communications, negotiation and influencing skills to engage staff, management, Board of Directors and customers;
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, resource planning and financial management;
- Excellent leadership, active listening and partnership skills;
- Results oriented mindset with the ability to find the right balance between the operational pressures, the organization’s focus, and various stakeholders;
- A decision-maker who combines analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment, with a focus on learning, sharing knowledge with others, evaluating and achieving objectives across functions;
- Project management capabilities;
- Track record in developing, managing and recruiting direct reports to improve their productivity and capabilitities;
- Ability to absorb new information quickly and translate key points into positive outcomes;
- Entrepreneurial with a focus on measurable outcomes and impact, as well as process improvement;
- Decisive, proactive, engaging and thoughtful;
- Advanced proficiency Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel; and
- Residing or willing to relocate to a residence within a reasonable daily commuting distance from the Bronx, NY and to be present in the office five days per week.
Panorama Windows is located in comfortable, modern offices in the South Bronx with ample on-street parking, close to major highways, the RFK Bridge and #6 subway. Panorama Windows offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, holiday, sick and personal time, paid vacation time and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes an annual performance bonus.
If you want to join an exceptional company and have significant experience and a proven track record in operations, finance, service and manufacturing, please send a cover letter and resume, including salary requirement, to KK&P at email@example.com. Please include “COO” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Background checks and computer literacy tests are required of final candidates for this position.
Panorama Windows, Ltd., Panorama Windows Service Corp. and Tempest Architectural Products are Equal Opportunity Employers.