For over forty years Panorama
Windows has specialized in custom-designed windows and doors for residential
and commercial projects and historic renovations. We supply owners, architects, decorators and
general contractors who live or work in Metropolitan New York landmark
buildings and luxury residential apartments with the finest and most desirable
window and door products available. Our
reputation in the industry is unmatched and our commitment to total customer
satisfaction is the yardstick by which we measure success. Full-service sales, engineering, manufacturing
and installation, with accompanying support and service staff enable us to
complete any window replacement project with great success.
Panorama’s product portfolio
includes an award-winning fiberglass casement window as well as top-of-the-line
aluminum double hung and casement window products by our manufacturing affiliate, Tempest Architectural Products,
Inc. Each Tempest window is custom
crafted with great care in our precision manufacturing facility. For additional information, please see Panorama Windows.
Tempest is seeking a highly talented and accomplished Plant Manager who brings results oriented
experience in precision and custom manufacturing, process improvement and
excellence in managing a diverse workforce with leadership in best practices
and quality initiatives to support the growth of our premier window company.
The Plant Manager reports
directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be based in our manufacturing
facility in the South Bronx, NY. This
role has several direct reports.
- Manage the day-to-day manufacturing operations of all customized window and door products.
- Lead and develop staff of 30 firmly but with respect to deliver and exceed performance metrics in the routinization of quality control, customer service, cost containment, inventory management and facilitation of new product introductions.
- Effectively recruit and retain staff, creating an engaged, motivated team whose commitment to the Company and its products enhance the success of the organization.
- Lead best practices, process improvement and quality initiatives in the manufacturing operations.
- Act as the custodian and advocate for Panorama’s brand of window and door products. Assume responsibility for on-time delivery, quality consistency and cost containment.
- In partnership with R&D, support new product design initiatives.
- Ensure that proper procedures and practices, documentation, training and audits are in place and followed
- Maintain the manufacturing facility and equipment to the highest standards and be responsible for compliance with all health, safety and building code regulations.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the department and create recommendations to increase efficiency and productivity of staff, technology and the overall manufacturing operations based on analysis and interpretation of data.
- Promote a heightened awareness of safety and maintain an excellent safety record.
- Effectively work in partnership with lead people of sales, engineering, service, installation and finance.
- Effectively manage key direct reports and delegate responsibilities. Manage the resolution of work-related problems within the department and take disciplinary action as required within the context of policies and the organizational culture.
- Develop the annual departmental budget.
- Manage labor and production costs based on budgets and established objectives.
- Coordinate short-term and long-range scheduling with forecasted sales.
- Effectively manage the purchase of raw materials.
- Actively participate in management meetings.
- 10-12+ years of experience in manufacturing operations roles with 5+ years in senior manufacturing roles. Knowledge of customized precision manufacturing technology a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field. MA/MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is highly preferred.
- Budget and P&L experience.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Superb follow-through with outstanding judgment and positive attitude.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven track record of success in recruiting, managing and developing direct reports to improve their productivity and capabilities.
- Highly effective across functions in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer focused environment.
- Ability to absorb new information quickly and translate key points into positive outcomes.
- Excellent influencing, cooperation, and negotiation skills and the ability to use them appropriately.
- Experienced and effective in working in diverse environments.
- Results oriented and flexible; able to find a balance between business requirements, operational pressure of a growing company and the integrity of design, customer requirements, delivery and costs.
- Successful implementation of lean Six Sigma manufacturing initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a desire and proven ability to communicate with people at different knowledge levels.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis on Word, Access and Excel. Knowledge of Inventory Management a plus.
- Resilient and solutions driven.
Panorama Windows is located in comfortable, modern offices in the South
Bronx with ample on-street parking, close to major highways, the RFK Bridge and
#6 subway. Panorama offers an excellent benefits package including medical and
dental insurance, holidays, sick and personal time, paid vacation time and
other benefits. Compensation is
commensurate with experience and includes an annual performance bonus.
If you have significant manufacturing experience and want to join an
exceptional, custom-designed window and door manufacturing company as a Plant Manager, please send a cover
letter and resume, including salary requirement, to KK&P at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Plant
Manager” in the subject line. Qualified
candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Background checks, computer literacy tests, and
English writing samples are required of final candidates for this position.
Panorama Windows and Tempest Architectural Products are Equal