Coosemans New York is a unique, premier specialty produce company sourcing high quality fruits and vegetables from the United States, Guatamala, Mexico, and other parts of the world. For more than 30 years Coosemans New York has built an exceptional reputation as we are growers, shippers, brokers, importers, exporters focused on specialty produce and create lasting business relationship based on deep knowledge, reliability and focused experience in specialty produce – now offering more than 400 products ranging from apples to zucchini. For more information on Coosemans see www.coosemansww.com.
In support of the company’s growth, Coosemans USA is seeking a highly talented, hands-on experienced Office Manager who brings managerial and leadership skills to the office operations including the accounts receivable, accounts payable, human resources and payroll, purchasing support. This position requires excellence in office operations, team management, customer relations, computer literacy, project management, timeliness, accuracy and efficiency.
The Office Manager reports directly to Executive Management and will be based in the offices of Coosemans New York in the Produce Terminal Market in Hunts Point, Bronx, NY. This key position has 7 direct reports and oversees the department.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing support and Human Resources Management and Administration.
- Lead office services by efficiently organizing office operations, procedures, filing systems, payroll and office supplies.
- Manages the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Provides administrative support to the purchasing department.
- Lead and develop 7 staff to meet and exceed performance metrics in accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, cost containment, inventory management, and service orientation to external and internal customers.
- Effectively manage key direct reports and delegate responsibilities. Manage the resolution of work related problems within the department and take disciplinary action as required within the context of organizational policies and culture.
- Effectively recruit and retain staff, creating an engaged, motivated team whose commitment to the company and its products enhances the success of the organization.
- Ensure that services are produced efficiently, cost effectively and consistently.
- Act as the custodian of and advocate for Coosemans New York brand— our products that are unique in quality and variety— and assume responsibility for consistent accuracy, timeliness and overall quality of services.
- Ensure that proper procedures and practices, documentation, training, and audits are in place and are executed.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the different functions within office operations and create recommendations to increase efficiency and productivity of staff, technology, and the overall operations based on analysis of the data.
- Keep Executive Management informed by producing time, accurate operational reports, summarizing key information and identifying trends.
- Effectively continue cross-training of direct reports to ensure key departmental capabilities are ever present.
- Develep a high performing team environment.
- Actively participate in management meetings.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in office management roles with 4 to 6 years of supervisory management experience of several direct reports.
- Knowledge of time sensitive, perishable, specialty produce business is a plus.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Significant experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing.
- Excellent managerial, motivational, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and outstanding ability to prioritize and handle changing priorities with excellent judgement.
- Oustanding in accounting, data and accounting management practices and practices.
- Experienced and effective in working in culturally diverse environments.
- Highly organized, outstanding project management and planning skills.
- Superb follow-through with outstanding judgment and a positive attitude.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven track record of success in recruiting, managing, and developing direct reports to improve their productivity and capabilities.
- Highly effective in a fast-paced environment focused on quality and efficiency.
- Ability to absorb new information, quickly and translate key points into positive outcomes.
- Savvy in computer applications.
- Excellent influencing, cooperation, and negotiation skills and the ability to use them appropriately.
- Results oriented and flexible, with the ability to find a balance between the business requirements, the operational pressure of the business, our high quality requirements and our customers.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a desire and proven ability to communicate with people effectively.
- Self-motivated, responsible, resourceful and a quick learner.
- Experience with integrated accounting, inventory and management software; experience with Famous Software a plus.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with special emphasis on Word and Excel.
Coosemans New York is located in the NYC Produce Terminal Market in Hunts Point, Bronx, NY, the largest Produce Terminal Market in the world. The market caters to an ethnically diverse region populated by more than 23 million people within a 50 mile radius of the market. As the premier specialty produce company Coosemans New York has been a significant company by providing high quality produce, reliably delivered by experienced and knowledgeable staff.
Coosemans New York offers a team based environment, a highly competitive annual compensation package with excellent benefits, including exceptional health insurance benefits, 401(k) match, vacation, sick days, travel and toll allowance (e-zpass), a smart phone including voice and data plan, and free parking in the Produce Terminal Market.
If you have significant office management and supervisory experience, are an excellent hands-on manager who focuses on results and want to join an exceptional specialty produce organization as Office Manager, please send a cover letter and resume, including salary requirement, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates from Northern Manhattan, the Bronx, Yonkers, Westchester and Long Island are particularly encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Computer literacy tests and background checks are required of final candidates for this position.
Coosemans New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.