Karen Karp & Partners (KK&P) is a growing, dynamic consulting company working in the fields of agriculture, food and health with two divisions.
Our Good Food is Good Business division supports the healthy development, execution, and operations of food businesses and initiatives in the public and private sectors. Our services include strategic sourcing, feasibility analysis, market research, business planning, project management, and evaluation.
Our Good People are Good Business division builds leadership and organizational effectiveness in the food sector through talent and performance management, organizational assessment, capacity building, executive coaching, recruiting, and employee engagement services.
KK&P’s clients include corporations, government agencies, small businesses, non-profits, and educational organizations. For more than 25 years, KK&P has spearheaded and has been integral to the development and execution of food businesses, policies, and partnerships in the United States and in the United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit http://www.kkandp.com.
KK&P seeks a talented, experienced part-time Content Marketing Manager to be responsible for KK&P’s marketing strategies and lead generation and to manage their successful implementation. The role involves generating engaging marketing content on multiple platforms such as MailChimp, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blog posts, case studies, white papers and video interviews. This new role is responsible for developing original, engaging content that helps promote the firm’s thought leadership across a wide variety of agriculture, food and health-related topics. To give you a sense: One day you might be interviewing a top chef; another day visiting with dairy farmers; another day exploring what it means to live in an urban food desert. The successful candidate is a creative marketing professional with an excellent writing background and proven ability to develop engaging content to attract and retain current and prospective customers. This position reports to the President of KK&P and is based in our New York City office.
- Collaborate with our leadership team on identifying and developing content marketing strategies to advance our reputation and thought leadership;
- Lead content marketing through the appropriate channels, from MailChimp to Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blog posts, case studies and videos;
- Expand KK&P’s digital footprint to achieve business goals;
- Research trends and topics as needed;
- Create and manage the editorial roadmap;
- Develop and curate a wide range of content based on the strategic roadmap, from blog posts and case studies to white papers and interviews;
- Establish and maintain the firm’s new customer relationship management (CRM) database;
- Actively monitor engagement with our content and share insights and recommendations for improving it;
- Collaborate with designers, photographers and others to produce visually captivating content of high quality;
- Manage timelines and budgets; and
- Work with the leadership team to optimize content strategies for improved SEO and lead generation.
Talent and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of content management experience: as a writer, editor, or in a content marketing position;
- Exceptional writing skills (Bachelor’s in English or Journalism preferred);
- Excellent in crafting compelling content that engages readers and users and drives lead conversion:
- Strong in understanding how content moves across channels, from social media to webinars and white papers;
- Up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends, experienced in social media or digital marketing;
- Highly effective in developing and marketing content across sectors (business, government, non-profit and education), and passionate about discovery of new approaches, solutions to new problems, and network building;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, manage time and hit deadlines with grace under pressure;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Sense of urgency with highly organized, outstanding time and project management skills;
- Thoughtful and active listener;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent in prioritization and deadline-driven in completion of multiple and sometimes shifting priorities;
- Anticipatory and resourceful – taking things to the logical next step, planning accordingly, figuring out creative/strategic solutions, being proactive, and absorbing information quickly;
- Excellent in project management with balanced judgment;
- Experience with data analysis and the ability to make data-driven decisions;
- Effective in managing up, including managing consultants and clients;
- Proactive nature – gets things done and is always steps ahead with the ability to juggle several things at once;
- Ability to work independently and to stay connected with President and consultants when out of the office on assignments;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment;
- Pleasant, upbeat, with a sense of humor; and
- Interest in food and agriculture a plus but is not required.
Candidates with the talent and experience outlined are encouraged to apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER (PART-TIME)” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Computer literacy test and background checks are part of the application process for final candidates for positions at Karen Karp & Partners.